Note2Email is a website that allows you to send quick emails to yourself or others through a simple form. You can optionally enter in a special encryption key such that the recipient will only be able to read the email if they know it.
Have you ever logged into your email account in order to send a note to yourself ? (I know that I personally have done this numerous times). With Note2email you can send notes by email quickly and easily without needing to log into your email account. All you need to remember is the note2email.com URL. Here’s more info on this service:
- Your email will be from “note[at]note2email.com”,which enables you to set up a filter in your email service or program and create a repository folder for notes sent to yourself.
- Note2email relieves you from needing a web-based email if sending email notes from a computer that’s not your own.
- Note2email relieves you from needing to log into web-based email in order to send email notes from a computer that’s not your own. This is both more secure (alleviates any risk of compromising your account password) and will save you time otherwise spent logging in.
- You can send email with a special encryption key that you specify. Your recipient will only be able to view the email if they can enter in your key.
- Spam protection: you will need to identify the note2email logo from other random images to send email with note2email. This protects against random spammers using the service for junk mail.
- Lastly, I should mention that note2email allows you to send email fairly anonymously to any address. (Note: anybody with little technical skills can send an email disguised as being from anyone they choose. At least with note2email the sender is “note2email” and not some fake identity).
- Bookmarklet for taking quick notes by email is in the works.
Version Tested: [the service as of Jan 24, 2008]
Go to the Note2email website.