Rumble box is a fast paced 3d beat em up with a twist; all of the fighters are made of simple objects (cubes and balls) that fall to the ground after the character is defeated.
The fighting takes place in an arena surrounded by walls, and the goal is to pile up these objects high enough to be able to climb over the walls and escape before the clock winds down.
Here’s what you need to know about this one:
- The 3d characters made of balls and cubes work rather well despite their unusual makeup.
- Completion of each level introduces higher walls and more dangerous opponents, including bomb-carrying baddies that can cause a lot of indiscriminate damage.
- Completion of a level might also introduce bonus rounds with special tasks.
- Aside from beating your opponents to a pulp, you could also pick them up and using them as projectiles against their friends.
- You can get bonuses by creating “chains” of kills (by rapidly dispensing of opponents one after the other).
This game has won many awards (mostly for originality), but what I like most about it is that it is a very competent game that you can get in and out of quickly for a half an hour or so of furious gameplay. The concept works and is very nicely implemented; and of course it is 100% free.
Compatibility: WinAll. Requires 1.0 GHz processor / ATI Radeon 9500 or GeForce3 or higher with DirectX 9.0