Free Monitor for Google is a small app that checks the natural search rankings of a URL (or multiple URLs) in Google for a list of user-defined keywords.
For each keyword it can show a reference list of the top Google site results.Here’s what you need to know about this program:
- This program will try to find your URL in the top result rankings for each of your keywords. The number of results it will search and display is user defined (i.e. you can tell it to look in the top 10, 20, 30 results etc).
- It will allow you to work with an unlimited number of keywords.
- For each of your keywords, Free Monitor for Google will remember the best ranking attained. It will also display a little up arrow, down arrow, or neutral arrow to show movement in ranking from the last time the search was conducted.
- Google search results are obtained from over 50+ international data centers.
- Note that there may be slight differences between your own manual search results and the ones obtained by this program. This is normal and may is caused by several factors (it is possible for you to do 2 consecutive searches on Google within minutes of each other and find slight differences in the displayed results).
- Results can be exported to CSV.
- Nag screen. Unfortunately, there is one. I like the simplicity and added value of this program enough to live with it, though.
If you are interested in SEO and in monitoring your site’s rankings on Google you will find that this little gem of a program is simple and extremely useful. .
Differences between free and paid version: The paid version of this is a much more powerful program that can also search Yahoo, MSN and other search engines. It will collect paid-search as well as natural search information. It also includes a keyword suggestion tool. (There are a few other, less important differences).
Version tested: 18.104.22.168
Compatibility: Windows 98, 2000, XP (no info on Vista).
Go to the program page to get the latest version (approx 1.27 megs).