Folder2MyPC is a small free app that can add folders, application-shortcuts or system services to ’My Computer’. It can also add any application(s) to ’Control Panel’.
Here’s what you need to know about this program:
- Folder2MyPC can add any folders and apps you choose to ’My Compuer’ (see screenshot).
- It can add applications to ’Control Panel’, within or without a category.
- Adding a folder to My Computer can be a handy way to access these from save/open file dialogs within any app when the ’My Computer’ button is pressed.
- It can also add Windows services to ’My Computer’ (e.g. Recycling bin, Start Menu, Temporary Internet Folder, etc.)
- Folder2MyPC has the ability to do the above for the current user or all users.
- It will allow your choice of icons for the apps and folders you add to ’My Computer’, and will even let you customize the tooltips (the message you see when you hover over the object with the mouse).
To be honest, I don’t really care for adding custom applications to the ‘Control Panel’, as it is not a place I access or visit regularly. I do like the ability to add objects to ‘My Computer’, however. If you’re always looking for unique ways to access your favorite folders and applications, try this one. Its small, simple, and free.
Version tested: 1.8
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP.
Go to the program home page to download the latest version (scroll down for download link).