VistaSwitcher is a free application switcher/Alt+Tab replacement for (despite the name) Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It features a slick interface, application preview thumbnails, and the ability to perform operations such as minimizing, maximizing and closing windows or apps from the VistaSwitcher interface.
Do you want a cool application switching / Alt+Tab replacement app? Check out VistaSwitch. More notes on this one below:
- It looks pretty darn slick: don’t take my word for it, check out the screenshot.
- Preview thumbnails: see a thumbnail preview of the apps or windows as you scroll through them. Previews are available not just for maximized windows but for minimized windows in Vista and Windows 7 (but not in XP).
- Sticky: you can turn this mode on if you like. It will allow you to launch VistaSwitcher with Alt+Tab (or another shortcut), release the keys, and have the VistaSwitcher interface remain open. (Which I quite like actually)
- Windows operations: you can right click on an entry in the VistaSwitcher interface and perform some operations such as minimize, maximize, or close.
- Memory use: about 9 megs (which is fairly small).
- Native 64 bit version available.
The verdict: this app is the successor to TaskSwitchXP, which I am very fond of (they are both from the same developer). What I like about it is that it manages to be simultaneously slick, simple, and low on resources (and of course free). What more could you ask for?
Version Tested: 1.0.3
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7. 32 bit and 64 bit versions available.
Go to the program home page to download the latest version (approx 271K).