“Sendto Flickr” is a free Windows explorer extension that allows you to upload images to Flickr through the right-click “send-to” menu.
If you’re a Flickr user you might already know that there are a number of desktop-based programs that can be used to upload photos to the photo sharing site; “Sendto Flickr” is another uploading option which, as the name implies, allows you to upload straight from the Windows “send-to” context menu. More notes on this one:
- Upload from anywhere: including network drives, removable drives, flash cards, memory cards, etc.
- Batch uploading: simply select multiple images and right click to upload. Files will be uploaded sequentially and previewed as they are uploaded.
- No image or metadata editing: unlike some of the other Flickr uploaders that do this, this one is just about 1-click uploading; you do not need to enter photo details.
- Authorization: will require that you authorize it to use the Flickr API to access your account. Will take you through the steps after installation. You will not need to enter account details every time you upload.
Wish list (or how this program can be even better)
- While uploading JPGs worked fine, uploading BMP’s does not seem to work (says that the program needs Flickr authorzation, then fails). A minor bug but I’m sure it will be fixed in future updates of this program.
The verdict: what can I say? I’m a sucker for everything context-menu based. If you use Flickr this program will surely come in handy.
Version Tested: n/a
Go to the program home page to download the latest version (approx 1,365K).