Moyea FLV Downloader is a free program that can download FLV videos from most file sharing sites. It will monitor your browser for any FLV videos and will automatically capture their URLs for downloading.
It seems like I’m posting a program to download FLV videos from video sharing sites every other day that. If I had a dollar for every time this happened, by now I would have myself a nice stash of … $5 or $6 .
In any case this one is rather cool. Once launched it will monitor your browser for any played FLV’s (which it terms “recording”) and, if found, will enter the video into a list and make it available for downloading. It will also place a download button that will appear on the FLV video itself that can be used for downloading (see second screenshot) – very much like the Grab++ module in Orbit Downloader.
Some notes on this program:
- Will automatically detect videos; no need to copy and paste URLs. Note that it detects URLS and downloads the videos rather than scanning the cache like Ycpod).
- Allows for pausing/resuming downloads, as well as multi-thread downloading/download acceleration.
- Works for most FLV video sharing sites such as YouTube, Ifilm, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc. as well as any other site or blog that might feature an FLV video.
- Preview panel for downloaded videos; also features a linked full fledged FLV player.
- Display video information such as frame rate, codec, bit rate, etc.
- Support for SWF downloading. In fact, the on-screen download button will display on SWF files as they are played in the browser, but will error out when you attempt to download.
Differences between paid and free versions: there is no paid version. However, there is the option to install a module or extension that can convert downloaded files to AVI or MPG formats that you can install, but you will have to pay for it. Note: if you need a freeware program that can convert FLV to other formats try MediaCoder.
The verdict: I like this; it has a very streamlined and well designed feeling to it and provides a good user experience. Despite that its very similar to Orbit/Grab++ there is a certain attractiveness to this program and to having a standalone video downloader, especially if you do not care to install a full fledged download manager like Orbit.
Version tested: 220.127.116.11
Compatibility: Support IE, Firefox, Maxthon, Opera. Windows NT4.0/+ SP6/2000/XP/Vista.
Go to the program page to get the latest version (approx 1.11 megs).