Little Fighter 2 is a freeware beat-em-up game that can be loosely described as a miniature Street Fighter or Mortal Combat. It features one-to-one fights or all out battles with dozens of participants, with up to four human players.
Here’s what you need to know about this game:
- The different modes of play are this game’s strong suite, and these add a lot to the game; you could choose to fight one-on-one or in teams or even armies of fighters; a one-off game or championship, etc.
- Little Fighter 2 also allows for multiplayer play over the internet.
- There are around 2 dozen fighters or so to choose to play; each one of these has their own special moves that are activated by certain key combinations.
- There are only a dozen or so special moves per character (which is towards the low end for games of this genre). This simplifies things and makes the game easy to learn. You can see a list of characters and their moves here.
- The graphics may be a bit stripped down but the game is VERY playable. If I had a criticism it is that the game wouldn’t maximize to full screen for some reason.
This is great little game that’s easy to get into, perfect for 5 or 15 minutes of action packed gaming whenever you have the time. What I am not sure about, however, is it’s lasting power; it is an open question whether I will still have it installed on my machine a month from today. Still, for a free game it is rather well done and if nothing else scores very high in my book on the sheer cuteness factor.
Version tested: 2.19c