Haozip is a powerful free archive manager. It can compress and extract archives in 7z, ZIP and TAR formats and can extract RAR, ISO, UDF, ISZ, ACE, UUE, CAB, Bzip2, ARJ, JAR, LZH, RPM, Z, LZMA, NSIS, CHM, DMG, HFS, WIM, DEB, MSI, CPIO, XAR and other compression formats.
Haozip is a full-featured archiving tool supporting drag and drop operations, Windows context menu integration, corrupted archive repair and creating self extracting archives. Haozip also provides some handy tools, such as a built-in image viewer which enables you to preview the image files in the compressed files without extracting them and an intenal MD5 calculator.
Haozip offers an easy-to-use interface similar to the popular shareware Winrar. It also supports skins, so you can customize how it looks.
[Editor’s note: this review was guest written by reader Terry Chen].
- Compatible with Windows XP,Vista and Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit
- Supports a wide range of major compression formats
- Full-featured program offering archive splitting, joining, conversion, encryption, self-extraction and so on
- Integrates well in the Windows context menu (32 and 64 bit) and you can customize the menu to display Haozip’s options in the Windows context menu itself or in a cascading submenu (such as in the screenshot to the right).
- Runs fast and uses little resources(approximately 10mb of memory on runtime)
- Provides many built-in tools, such as a image viewer, an MD5 calculator and a batch renaming tool
- Looks good and supports skins
- Easy to use
- Create self-extract archives for other compression formats
- Create archives in more formats
The verdict: Haozip is a full-featured archive manager which is powerful and easy-to-use. It has a good-looking interface and offers some built-in handy tools. Although it doesn’t support too many archive formats, I believe that it is still one of the best free archiving managers out there.
Version Tested: V2.1 (Build 5278)
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.
Go to the program’s English page to download the latest version – approx 8.25 megs.