If you need a software that can backup your DVDs, remove all known copy protections, and/or save DVD tracks as video files that can be played on your PC or handheld device then check out BDlot DVD Clone Ultimate V2.
This software is being given away 100% free till Aug 1st 2011. Find the download link and registration code at the bottom of this posting.
PROS: Here’s what it can do for you
- Unlock copy protections: all known DVD copy protections including DVD Region, CSS, CPRM, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, SONY ARccOS, Rip-Guard, Disney X-DRM protection, etc.
- Supports GPU acceleration: which is to say if you have a good graphics card the software will utilize it to good effect to reduce processing time.
- Rips DVDs and burns them: rip to ISO, to folder, or (if you have a both a DVD reader and writer attached on your system) copy straight to another DVD. Can also burn a DVD from an ISO or folder on your hard drive.
- Convert individual tracks/chapters into video files: with the option to convert audio only or video only, and to hard-burn subtitles into the video.
- Grabs DVD info from the internet: which is why it makes a connection.
CONS: here are some things that could make this software even better
- The ability to batch convert DVD tracks: it would only let me convert each track or chapter one-by-one, manually specifying the file name for each (Hanbrake, which is freeware, supports batch processing)
- The ability to specify codecs/video file formats: again, strangely, it would only output to an Mpeg file, not allowing user-specified formats or codecs.
The verdict: this software is perfect for overcoming DVD copy protection and quickly burning a 1:1 clone of your DVD. It can even defeat tough protections such as Sony ARccOS, and Disney X-DRM. BDlot DVD Clone Ultimate V2 is generally very fast, especially if you have a good graphics card. Grab the full version now while you can.
But when it comes to converting your DVD to video files I recommend freeware Handbrake, which is more versatile (and quite powerful). And if you are reading this past the giveaway date and are looking for a good DVD ripping software (that will also circumvent most copy protections) check out the free version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.
Version tested: 188.8.131.52
Go to the program page to download (approx 12.1 megs). Once installed, click “buy” and register with the following serial: “BU-TTUWUYYZ-GHIMXH” (without the quotes) – valid through August 1st, 2011).