Free Easy Burner is a CD/DVD burning and authoring program that supports burning data and audio CD’s and DVD’s, copying CD’s and DVD’s (by ripping and burning ISO’s), and Ripping audio CD’s into MP3′s.
If you want a small CD/DVD burning program that performs all standard functions without many frills, then Free Easy Burner will cater for all of your burning needs (pun intended heheh).
Important Note [8/13/2007]: since first reviewing this program on 2/3/2007 it has become adware, despite still being billed as freeware on the author’s site. This means that as of version 1.2.43 the program, while fully functional, nonetheless displays ads (albeit harmless ones) within its interface. However you can still download version 1.2.21 of this program, which is fully functional and ad-free, from the link at the bottom of this page.
The following is a list of what this program can do:
- Supports dual-layer DVD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW.
- Burns Data CD’s and DVD’s: allows dragging and dropping of files and folders, will verify and/or finalize your CD/DVD.
- Will copy CD’s and (unencrypted) DVD’s by ripping an ISO image on hard drive and burning it back.
- Will write to ISO (i.e. can create ISOs from any collection of files and/or folder). Will also burn ISO files.
- Burns Audio CD’s; will convert your audio files into a playable audio CD. Supported audio file formats are: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, FLAC, AAC, and M4A.
- Rips audio CD’s to MP3 or WAV file formats. Supports automatic FreeCDDB tag information retrieval.
This is great, straightforward freeware that does the job very well and looks good to boot. Nice simply functional user interface; I recommend higly.
Version tested: 1.0.305
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista.
Download FREEWARE version 1.2.21 here. Go here to download the latest version on the author’s site; two things to know (1) the version on the author’s site is adware, and (2) you do not need to enter your info to download if you don’t want to. Also visit the author’s page.